Part of our commitment to making Reverb LP the best place to buy and sell records is maintaining a set of standards and requirements for all listings on the site. Below you'll find details on the "Do's" and "Don'ts" of making a great listing on Reverb LP, as well as our policies on what can and cannot be listed.
We welcome the listing of vinyl, CDs and cassettes. There are, however, some items that we do not permit the sale of on Reverb LP. These include:
- Illegal Copies and Counterfeits: Reverb LP strictly prohibits the sale of products that infringe upon trademark and copyright. If you are unsure about a specific item or wish to report an item that may fall into this category, please contact us.
- Offensive or Hateful Images and Symbols: Reverb LP does not permit the sale of media that includes Nazi, Confederate, or other hateful/offensive imagery.
- Drop-Shipped Inventory: In order to ensure speedy delivery and outstanding service on media sold through Reverb LP, we do not permit the use of drop shipping. Please limit your listings to things you have in stock and are able to ship direct in a timely manner.
Listing Descriptions and Titles
We strive to keep all listings on Reverb LP informative, clear and relevant to the product being sold to help inform potential buyers. Here are some tips to make sure your descriptions and titles fall in-line with our policies and recommendations:
- Full, detailed information on the item at hand.
- Disclosure of any known issues (scratches, crackles, pops, etc.).
- Reasonable and accurate pricing within the realistic range of what the item might actually sell for.
- Phone numbers, emails or any other contact info. We require all communication between buyers and sellers stay on our the site using our messaging and offer tools.
- Bank / wire transfers, cash, or other offsite transactions. Reverb LP has plenty of options for a safe transaction that we can support in case of any issues.
- Links to other sites where the item may be for sale.
- All-caps typing. Trust us, no one likes reading anything in all caps.
- Emoji. We love them as much as you do, but unfortunately including them in your listings can mess up search results.
- Language encouraging trades or listing potential trade wants.
- Irrelevant/unrelated brand names or “keywords” to boost the listing search results.
- Inappropriate language. Aggressive, disparaging, abusive or derogatory language directed at individuals or groups, whether on the Reverb LP platform or off of it.
- “Brand New” on Used Records. “Brand New” condition is only applicable to records directly from dealers/suppliers at the retail or wholesale levels. When re-selling, records should be listed as Mint or lower.
- High-resolution images. Don’t feel like you have to cut down on size and resolution to save space. At minimum, square images should be 620px pixels. Images less than 150px in any dimension will not be accepted.
- As many pictures as you have. Reverb LP allows up to 25 images for each listing.
- Details of any area that would be of potential concern to a buyer.
For more tips on taking record pictures, take a look at our post on the fundamentals of smartphone photography.
- Phone numbers, URLs or other contact info.
- Obtrusive watermarks of any kind.
- Borders and other distracting alterations.
- Collaged images.
- Placeholders. Be sure you have original, up-to-date images of the record when you’re ready to list; no coming soon images allowed.
- Borrowed / non-original images. Only your own original images can be featured on your listings.
- Screenshots. Listings accept all kinds of image file types, so please upload images in their original format.
- Irrelevant images. People, banners, rock stars and anything else that doesn’t display the item.
- Explicit or adult imagery. Reverb LP is a site for music lovers of all ages, please take the time to censor any material not appropriate for that audience or your listing may be subject to suspension.
Disallowed Listing Actions
Apart from the content of each listing, there are some actions we do not permit when selling through Reverb LP:
- Please do not end a listing and re-list the same record in a different listing. Believe us, this will actually work against you when finding a buyer.
- Do not artificially inflate the price of an record only to drop it later. We consider this spam and grounds for suspension of the listing.
- Listing the same record multiple times in duplicate listings, whether from the same account or multiple accounts, is strictly prohibited and may result in suspension of the listings.
Shop Home Pages
In addition to the listings themselves, we also have some guidelines to follow when setting up your shop page. You can edit your shop details on this page.
- A shop name of your choosing. Keep it civil and have some fun!
- A logo and an interesting, full banner that adds some personality to your shop.
- A description that tells potential buyers a little about yourself and the kinds of records you go for.
- Phone numbers, URLs or other contact info in your shop banner, video or description.
- Irrelevant or potentially offensive information in your shop description.